Solve the most difficult tasks in IBM Connections
Handle content and users with a few clicks
Merge & Move Communities, Wikis, Blogs, Activities
Move Files and Libraries between Users and Communities
Merge Profiles and Manage Access Control
Let your organization grow with DomainPatrol Social
DomainPatrol Social is a very competent product which solves most challenges both IT and Business experience. Certainly when it comes to Content and User Administration in IBM Connections.
For example if you have several communities, with similar purpose or content, you can use the function Merge Communities to merge them into one Community. It's also possible to Move Communities in and out of one another. The same applies to all kinds of content including Files, Blogs, Wikis, Libraries and Activities.
New projects starts, others end. The organization is constantly chaning and consequently your needs.
Other situations we can solve is when people change role in the organization, becomes employees or leaves the organization. Orphan content is a common problem and DomainPatrol Social has several tools to solve it. One is Complete User Management for Files, Blogs, Wikis. Another is Copy User Access to transfer all, or some of the access that user A had to user B and/or user C. Problem solved!
Sometimes one user ends up with two profiles in IBM Connections. Perhaps they started off as a consultant or external user and now they are permanent employees. No worries. Use the function Merge Profiles. All content from both profiles are merged into one. Phew! No more unhappy users that can't access their stuff.
Make sure your users trust IBM Connections with their highly valued business content, and let your shared knowledge grow responsibly.
Create, Apply and View Quota Policies – for Personal File Libraries or Community File Libraries. And even wikis.
Support for IBM Connections 5.5 CR1 – Move and merge all kind of content to and from an External Community.
Move and Merge Communities
After using IBM Connections for a while, you almost always realise that you have many, many communities. Some of them are used every day while other are obsolete and/or forgotten. Many of them cover the same topics and contain redundant information. Meanwhile your users keep creating new ones.
Fear not! With our feature Merge Community you can now merge two communities into one, and of course also move sub-communities into and out of parent communities.
All this with few clicks! Our easy to use interface is a success everywhere. A powerful tool doesn't need to be hard to use. Our customers appreciates it immediately.
For more vital content features, see the examples in the menu to the left.
Increase your flexibility while working with files in IBM Connections. Move a single file or the whole file container between users. Or move move them between communities. You can also move libraries.
Another essential feature is our function Merge Profiles
We have several customers that have requested an easier way to manage all user profiles in IBM Connections. Many companies are in the situation where they hire temporary staff in order to cover for ordinary employees on leave. If the company then hires these temporary employees they will most likely end up with two profiles in IBM Connections.
It's even possible to merge an internal profile with an external one.
With DomainPatrol Social you can now easily merge these two profiles to one. All data and content will be merged. Inluding the users history.
No organisation stays the same for a longer period. Most organisations are in constant change and movement. Why should then IBM Connections stay still? The employees are the most important part of the organisation. One important thing is to give them access to the right material.
With our new feature Access Control you can within minutes give the right person access to the right content!
We have worked with social tools for a very long time. We are developers, administrators, infrastructure consultants and of course also users. We have many long-term customers that we have forged close relationships with. Over the years we've learned how important it is to keep your environment in great shape, to take care of your installed solutions and to maximize the benefits of it.
That's why we develop tools that makes all the neccessary administrative tasks much easier for users, administrators and platform owners and that benefits the whole company.
Try DomainPatrol Social! We offer a fast installation and onsite evaluation.
Why DomainPatrol Social?
DomainPatrol Social is
- a powerful tool used to administer, move and merge content in an IBM Connections environment.
- the ultimate tool if you want to keep your IBM Connections environment tidy and attractive for the users
DomainPatrol Social will
- help you groome your Social Business right from the start.
- ease the administration of your IBM Connections environment forever.
DomainPatrol Social can
- respond to user demands and shape your social business platform to grow and thrive together with your organization.
- merge Communities including separate merge functions for all separate widgets
- move Blogs, Forums and Activities to and from Communities. You can merge content from two Wikis, Blogs or Forums and even move a Community and make it Standalone or a Sub Community.
- administer User Access and Roles in a convenient way.
Benefits and Business Value
Business value for your organization
- shapes your social business from the start, according to the needs of the organization
- the "ONE-Company Vision" requires information flexibility
- DomainPatrol Social makes the users trust IBM Connections with their time and their documents
- keep your IBM Connections environment tidy and attractive for the users
- let your social intranet thrive with your organization
Business value for your platform owner
- no other product can do what DomainPatrol Social does
- increased service levels
- DomainPatrol Social solves impossible user demands in seconds
- manage user access and roles in a convenient way
- enables life cycle management and content consolidation
- ability to hide unused or unwanted content
- any Blog, Forum or Community can be moved or merged within seconds
Business Value for your users
- users find information better if the structure of the content can be managed subsequently
- users content can be reused in other contexts. A project wiki can be merged with a line of business wiki after a project is closed.
- users demand that their social intranet evolves together with the organization
- users want to find useful information where they expect it
- users don't want their valued contributions glued to particular containers