Study BP115 – lot of usefull information how to deploy and manage XPages from an administrator (and developer) perspective – some details:
– lots and lots of RAM
– understand concept of extension libraries and specially versions (risk is you brake apps when uppdating servers).
– study update pack and coordinate w developer.
– more ram
– 64 bit os (and Domino)
– isolate heavy XPage apps (e.g. Traveler)
– XPages toolbox app (openntf) monitor perf. and memory
– did I mention more ram (due to scoped variables)
And a lot more – study this presentation (and AD113 regarding some interesting REST information)
IBM Docs – btw the shortest product name in IBM history 🙂 – is not a client side software, not Symphony through a web browser, it’s IBM’s social document editing in the Cloud, formerly called LotusLive Symphony (and it’s a multiyear strategy).
Some key features:
– preserve advanced features in documents if not able to render in combination with pull down a master copy for local modification!
– assign tex;, review inc. due dates, check in/out/private, other parts can be worked on by others, comments linked(!) inc. forward in a twitter style flow.
– allow for different Locale, by user, by document !
– take your document with you using your tablet (e.g. iPad) AND edit.
– programming model to build collaborative functions, not only macro/script based (but that too).
Showed a few examples where the Beta did a better job than google docs (e.g. text span over multiple cells, formatting).
When: public beta now from Greenhouse
2H2012 -> Smartcloud for social business
2013 -> Private cloud
Goal is to replace desktop productivity applications (see the three year plan in the presentation INV205)