Very informative session with lots of demos of the components available in Upgrade Pack 1. No information how skinnable the components are, but since they’re probably based on One UI v2.1 this shouldn’t be a problem. I would definitely look into this before implementing any components in an external site as they look… Well… Very much like Domino web based apps. Not brilliant, to be nice. 😉
With UP1 (Upgrade Pack 1) we now have access to using REST services. There are three different kinds, depending on where you wish to utilize them.
- Domino Data Service
When you’re not using XPages to access Domino data.
- XPages REST Services Control
When you ARE using XPages. This is more flexible then the above, so it’s preferred.
- Custom Database Servlet
When you need complete control! Requires Java skills.
There is a Kitchen Sink/Demo application that allows you to test all these new features and of course have a look at the source code. The application is automatically installed with the UP1.
The differences from the Extension Library are:
- UP1 IS supported by IBM, where ExtLib is not.
- UP1 shows the design element instead of just a computed text – enhanced Designer experience.
- UP1 is fully accessibility compliant, where ExtLib may not be.
- UP1 comes with an installer/uninstaller. ExtLib comes in a .ZIP-file.